Monday, January 17, 2011

Supplement feature: Alpha-Lipoic Acid

In my research of optimum nutrition and health, I found out about this amazing supplement that I had to share. It is called Alpha-Lipoic Acid. It is considered an antioxidant and has very few side effects. I have been taking it for about a week now, and the results are outstanding! ALA helps to keep blood sugar levels under control. I think everyone wants this because it helps reduce sugar cravings, and it levels out blood sugar levels throughout the day. I take 200mg capsules twice daily prior to meals. Taking it on an empty stomach ensures that your body absorbs all the nutrients. Another effect is younger looking skin, and reduced wrinkles! Who doesn't want that? You can find the Spring Valley brand for $8.99 for 100 capsules at many grocery stores, so it is very reasonable, and you will feel the results.   I find that I feel way more patient, with a bonus feeling of well being.  The only sort of negative side effect I have found for me is asparagus smelling urine. In case you are wondering, I am not profiting in any way by sharing this info. I will be adding more supplement info here, so keep checking back. Also, check out this Swanson's vitamins Blood Sugar Essentials goo.gl/5ELGe
This supplement is recommended because it not only contains ALA, but also Cinnamon Extract which has also been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels, and vitamin K.

No comments:

Post a Comment